Monday, August 22, 2011

Vietnam: Lost shots...

     I can't believe that a month ago today, I was flying to the land of Vietnam. A country filled with a infinite amount of discovery, sweat, and adventure. Truly a land and experience that has left me yearning for more.
     Here are some shots that I gathered while wandering the streets of Hanoi.
fancy lights and track suits (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     The only streets in Seoul lined with trees are Garusogil...But in Hanoi~

hairs hang (photo taken by VeganBeats)

spiced and pickled fruits (photo taken by VeganBeats)
      I can't believe I didn't write about this stand. There were over a dozen different fruits just lying in the open, not fresh but flavored and spiced. There were papayas, plums, berries, mangoes, etc...all pickled and sprinkled with spice. Back home, I would stock up on Trader Joe's brand spicy dried mangoes and, when I saw fresh spiced ones...my hands were already reaching for cash.
spiced mango (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     Verdict: sweet and rather ripe mango, it was a bit snappy, but there was a sweet limey pickling with some dashes of heat that were interesting. These flavors bounced on my tongue and even though my senses halted a bit, I was thinking about this mango so many times throughout the trip...next time. (Aha, another reason!)
cute cute baby (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     ~~again, Vietnam I miss you~~

Soon to come a post with helpful hints, recommendations, resources, etc~~

No comments:

Post a Comment