Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mui Ne: Fairy Stream, part one

     Close to the shores of Mui Ne, and about a ten minute motorbike ride from Mai Am, there lies a hidden glory. The Fairy stream is apparently a lovely spot that a lot of people check out and I'll be honest, with a name like 'fairy' I was judging fast! Nothing against fairies just...such a forced name to sound whimsical. Anyways, Ani and I decided to check this place out and as I was winding through a dirty rotten cluster of broken houses and twirling through paths...I knew something must be coming.
     I was right...
caked dirt and grass (photo taken by VeganBeats)
more dirt-packed grass (photo taken by VeganBeats)
just in the beginning (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     At first these very young boys were following us and then stopping once we stopped, realizing this would be a "pay me for the tour" post wander...I told them to go play and...well, they scurried. eeek...
     On the wander, kids gone, we crossed paths with a feeble and meek woman collecting blades of dry grass...
woman on the right (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     I felt sorry that she was poor, but no matter the circumstance, when you start asking strangers to give you cash, I find it a bit disrespectful. I know that is offensive to say and seems cold--
barely in it (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     A wedding was happening in Mui Ne that day and we stumbled upon the photo shoot!
photo crew and couple on the left! (photo taken by VeganBeats)
whoa (photo taken by VeganBeats)
Ani in action (photo taken by VeganBeats)
(photo taken by VeganBeats)
(photo taken by VeganBeats)
clay pits (photo taken by VeganBeats)
(photo taken by VeganBeats)
(photo taken by VeganBeats)
(photo taken by VeganBeats)
(photo taken by VeganBeats)
(photo taken by VeganBeats)
'Don't take the coconuts.' (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     Under some young coconut trees, I felt like a child again...feet full of clay, cool water slipping by my ankles, a dear friend to giggle with...
under the coconut tree (photo taken by VeganBeats)
(photo taken by VeganBeats)
le sigh (photo taken by VeganBeats)
more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment