Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mui Ne: Sketch alcohol and funky fruits

     Speckled around Mui Ne (and Vietnam) there are stores selling all sorts of random, quirky, and disturbing things. From ty-dyed t shirts of tigers mounting motorcycles, sugar syrup pressed candies, fruits, liquors...there's a lot of ways to kill time at these places. On the way back from our beach, Ani and I stopped by one of these places and wandered off with dragonfruit for more than reasonable prices (2 MASSIVE ones for 5,000 dong~> $0.25.) While in there though, I got lost staring at a wall of jarred liquors, animal marinated vodka. Yech!
snake(s) vodka (photo taken by VeganBeats)
gecko vodka (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     I was more mystified than intrigued in all honesty. I've seen scorpian vodka, and cricket filled tequilas, but marinating MULTIPLE animals, do people eat the animals after?
    I've heard from others that drinking these vodkas gets you a bit 'high' and I'm assuming this may be due to the venom that these snakes and geckos hold. the alcohol content might break that down and mix up a bit, causing an infinite amount of reactions, numbness, halucinanic side-effects, etc.
Aigh!
     Turning to more things up my alley and more settling on the gut...I escaped with pressed nut candies and fruits!!
I'll find out the names more...the wrinkled guy up front is a passionruit!!! (photo taekn by VeganBeats)
     Another full day, full of novel sights, beautiful situations...tired souls, we went to a place called Gogo's and...alright drinks, but cute interior!
Ani with the Gog's floor-man! (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     Okay, I'll admit it...I'm a bit curious about these venomous vodka effects....but not enought o go through with it....

No comments:

Post a Comment