Sunday, August 7, 2011

Mui Ne: Exploring

     Motorbike rented: check...
   Two FABulous ladies ready for adventure: check
In a FABulous location: Check check check
   
     After coffee, noms, and getting the motorbike, Ani and I packed a backpack with some water, towels, cameras, and money. Decked out in layers of sunblock, bikinis, and beyond sexy helmets we were off with a full tank of gas and eyes wide open.
     Driving up our street and passing by loads of resorts and restaraunts we hit some roads, deserted of tourists, nearly empty of people...besides the fellow motorists decked out in jammies and boxes of supplies...This is a video just as we left the hotels behind us.
     Fishing boats were along the roads and you knew where you were when the smells of rotting fish, sea salt, and seaweed weaved into your nostrils. Mui Ne is great for people who love to nom on seafood. You can get fresh fish, crab, shrimp, turtle, shark...at nearly every road side restaurant. So if you're into that kind of thing...Mui Ne!
the fishiness hits (photo taken by VeganBeats)
Vietnamese fishing boats (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     Ani and I kind of just drove on, well Ani drove it all. I love motorbikes but have always been a bit scared of driving one. I have these flashing fears that I'll somehow pull the bike over my head, smash my face and reverse curb-stomp myself.
     Taking several turns we started to see massive sandy mountains surrounding us then the sounds of crashing waves teased our ears until they then teased our eyes.
a deserted beach by the South China sea (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     We were riding along the South China sea, the most disputed waters in the world...and best of all, no one, NO ONE was on these beaches. We both mentally made a note and point that we would be playing on these sandy beaches!
Ani and the bike!!! Just posing in front of the South China Sea (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     Seeing all these sandy mountains almost kicked the reality of my being in Vietnam out of my noggin. When I think Vietnam, I imagine(d) markets, tropical fruits, loads of pho and busy (dirty) streets...these mountains/sand dunes...just whoa!
lining the roads (photo taken by VeganBeats)
lovely (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     Here is another video of what I was gaping to while on the back of the bike!
     Driving through nothing but empty roads we came to a community. Another tourist scene we passed through the red sand dunes. We didn't stop because well, we just didn't. Ani and I are on the same page of generally avoiding heavy touristy jazz. We continued driving and passed through a very local community of farmers. There were all sorts of paddies and crops lining the street and the dirt looked so nutritious. Deep reds and rich browns, I'm sure my plants here in Seoul would LOVE it.
Ani and the bike with some farmland! (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     I loved seeing cows slowly meandering through these green fields, looking so at peace and just lagging around. Ahhh to be a cow in Vietnam, where my diet is dragonfruit...le sigh
fields and dunes (photo taken by VeganBeats)
dunes a peaking (photo taken by VeganBeats)
more dunes and farmland (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     And just beyond the vast and open fields...we saw some dunes in the distance...
what's all that dune-age back there?! (photo taken by VeganBeats)
Onward~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment