Friday, August 12, 2011

Mui Ne: Soccer with Mai Am Guesthouse

     I said it earlier but I can't put into workds how wonderful and peaceful staying at Mai Am Guesthouse was. The staff was a family but made us feel like a part of it.
     I don't want to generalize but...women aren't typically very active in Vietnam, they don't play many sports or run around. So one day when the Mai Am crew was playing football (soccer) and we were invited to join, they were more than surpirsed that we accepted. Ani and I were invited post meal and were all gung ho for a nap and chilling, but instead we played a hard two hour game of soccer.
photo taken by VeganBeats
     These guys were AMAZING at footwork, and really going at it. Readily throwing themselves on the ground, lunging to block, twisting the angles of the game...
stretching pre-gane (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     Back in the days when I played soccer, I was a "tank." I blocked and threw people down...Vietanemese soccer is about technique, American; we're dirty. We trip, play up the dramatics, throw punches...at least my league did so I amnot accustomed to...honest playing.
playing on the beach  (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     Whilst playing, and getting more than sandy (we were playing RIGHT on the beach) we drew up a crowd. Fellow and neighboring resort staff and stayers started watcing these extremely talented foot artists, skilled Ani and bumbling me throw down some soccer games.
chilling....(photo taken by VeganBeats)
     This became a daily thing after...but we only had a couple days left. Two full days where we started our evenings with soccer....chyea*!~

No comments:

Post a Comment