Friday, December 2, 2011

Think Cafe Korea

     I'm a die-hard Halloween girl, but lately I've been humming Christmas tunes to myself AND hoping for snow (I blame the kids). It's not too far away, and planning gifts and all that jazz is~ UGH not going there until necessary.
     My first year in college, I kicked it to Jaxs in New York during the winter break. Christmas in New York is a Hallmark card. Tree carcasses line the streets, Santa's ring bells at every corner, buildings are really decked out...it's sparkling. Christmas for me lies in the memories shared with Jaxs while in New York...
     The other day Jaxs and I had a date that led us to some "happy-home" finds! We were originally going to go to BiBap, a stage preformance but due to minor complications (Oops) we didn't end up going and instead Jaxs was a FABulous tour guide and we found Think Coffee, from NEW YORK! Immediately we ran in (chugging out other coffees by the door) and took in the "New York" we could.
photo taken by VeganBeats
     All the coffe is fair trade AND organic (the Vermont parts of me were itching) and the menu...the menu~ REAL New York bagels. Staring at the nom options for a good fifteen minutes we came to our minds...
VT mama likes this! (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     Jaxs got the grilled cheese sandwich, and it was served crunchy-crunchy with real cheddar (It's Real Cheese!!!) and pesto, along with a side dish of jalapenos and pickles. I think it cost around 6,8000W. They forgot her tomato (she ordered it) but...we were both a bit too giddy to care. 
crunchy~ (photo taken by VeganBeats)
pesto...ugh (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     Scrolling for vegan options, the had bagels. I haven't had a decent bagel for years....years~  I'm by no means a bagel pro, or connoisseur but I want quality, especially if I'm packing on them carbs. I couldn't figure out what my body was wanting, sweet or savory... They have TOFU CREAM CHEESE, so I was trying to figure out what to base around that. 
     The offered bagels are plain, blueberry, cinnamon raisin, and onion. I was choosing between two:
  1. onion bagel, tofu cream cheese, tomato, and onion. 
  2. cinnamon raisin bagel, strawberry jelly, and tofu cream cheese. 
     They were out of the tofu cream cheese so I went with a cinnamon raisin bagel with peanut butter and strawberry jam, toasted.
toasty! (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     I savored this, I literally licked my fingers after and just melted with it. The bagel was crunchy, chewy, warm...the peanut butter gooey (at it's best, in my humble opinion) all of me was happy. (BUT, they forgot my jam!) I had my bestie by my side, a bit of New York with us, the states visiting us with real states-available food, and "classy" Christmas decorations around. 
*drool*<~ Homor Style (photo taken by veganBeats)
     The staff was so kind, and got a kick over the foreign ladies (us) smiling like stupid kids, muffling out orgasmic responses to toasted sandos. They're a little shy with their English skills (you guys did GREAT!) so maybe that's why the tomato was left out, and my jam was peaced on. Meh...life. 
photo taken by VeganBeats)
     There was a cute stand by the counter full of mugs, thermoses, and tote bags boasting "Think Coffee: New York to Seoul." Adorable, pricey, too pricey...ahhh just like New York.

Anyways...highlights, there are many but for the us vegan folk~

  1. vegan cream cheese
  2. vegan sandwichs possible
  3. soy milk IS an option
  4. organic and fair trade coffee
I'll be back...and tofu cream cheese, you'll be there!!

Address: 서울 종로구 중학동 14 번지 트윈트리 A동 102호
Seoul, Jongro-gu Joong Hakdong 14 beonji, Twin Tree A Dong, 102

Phone #: 02-6016-6860
Hours: 7am-11pm

Directions: 
Anguk station, exit 6 (안국 역 6번)~ Orange line
Walk straight for 8-10 minutes or so (You will pass by Insadong street, another main street, and then a side street on your left).
You will see a Starbucks and FamilyMart on your left and there will be a small staircase on your left...it will lead you New York in Seoul

website: http://www.thinkcoffeekr.com/

1 comment: