Thursday, December 29, 2011

Crunchy bagels...

     While flying over, "the first thing I'll eat" scrolled through my mind as often as my neighbor shifted next to me. I thought of hummus, celery, dinosaur kale, pink lady apples, organic freshly ground almond butter...the first thing I had was a freshly foraged meal my mom concocted. My first day, that surprising evening, my mom prepared a completely vegan meal! Coincidence eh!
     That day she foraged and went mushroom hunting and with some herbs from her garden she made a mushy dish packed with both texture and flavor. She also made a multi-veggie and nutty barley fry (huzzuh Mom!) and she also made fresh kimchi. So my first meal was a foraged and local one...hell yea mom. Bad news...this vegan here has not a picture to tease you with. Maybe my brother snuck one....anyways here is something else I've eaten.
     I don't eat a lot of bread, I really barely ever do but with it's availability in the states...I nommed on a whole-wheat bagel (or two).
     Bagel half numero uno was organic smooth peanut butter (with cinnamon swirled in), organic local grape and raspberry jam, and oven roasted tamari sunflower seeds! (yumm!)
photo taken by VeganBeats
     Bagel half numero dos was homemade garlic and chive hummus, sliced avocado, and organic romaine lettuce. I dribbled on some sriracha and munched gleefully!
photo taken by VeganBeats
     crunchy, nummy, goodness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment