Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My US surprise~

     I've been kicking it stateside over this vacation, weeks ago when thinking about Thailand and other exotic spots it hit me that I really miss my family. Not so much the states but the people, those that I genuinely and whole-heartedly love and wander these parts. I had a whole plan set up in order to truly "present" myself to my family.
     I booked a flight from Seoul to Narita, then onto Detroit and finally Logan airport. When getting to Logan I sprinted (and got more than confused) in South Station and buzzed via train to my town...still 3 miles to go. I walked about two miles until I hitch-hiked the last mile. Being in Seoul, Im used to the luxuries of a taxi being available at all times...this detail I forgot and my bag weighed a lot more than me and...we'll just say my arms are slightly achey still. I army-crawled to the front of my house and rang the doorbell with aggressive vigor...there were some panicky noises coming from my house and when my mom whipped the door open I stood there, grinning like a cheshire while both my parents screamed and wrapped me into their loving embraces! Within minutes my brother came home and I hid upstairs. He was talking to my parents about nothing in particular and I finished his sentence. It took him a bit to realize that I was giving him a hug...
photo taken by VeganBeats
photo taken by VeganBeats
dried persimmons (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     I've already snapped a lot of pictures so...a photo bomb may very well be happening!

Currently I'm kicking it in Vermont~ ugh...how happy can this veganlady be??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment