Wednesday, December 28, 2011

US day 1: getting gas and baking cookies...

     My brother owns a camaro, a stupidly sexy and aesthetically teasing vehicle that...I want. I am not a fan of Transformers but that car was featured and it's damned sexy so a while back when my brother sent me pics of his "new car" my heart grew hot with excitement for him and this new part of his life, and with envy. Anyways...the day began with a trip to fuel up this car of his and it turned into a chain of visits and more surprising!
     First we drove to our old high-school and met up with old teachers, familiar faces, and old classmates. This was so much fun because...as much as high-school may be behind me, there's this slight hankering to trek the hallways and rock that uniform.
     After this we drove off to the oldest friends we've got. This family is our second family, there are three children (adults) that we grew up with and of course their parents that hold a big part of our hearts. I haven't seen Nichole since I left for Korea and seeing her was beyond wonderful! She's getting married in a year and though brief, we caught up and everything felt like not an hour has passed. I can't WAIT to be a part of her wedding!
89 cent slushies...bring on the corny syrup (photo taken by VeganBeats)
photo taken by VeganBeats
     I'm still snap happy and have been clicking pics left and right...sorting through all of them is a bit overwhelming but..how much love do I got eh?!
smilin bro (photo taken by VeganBeats)
text (photo taken by VeganBeats)
drive (photo taken by VeganBeats)
photo taken by VeganBeats
warning (photo taken by VeganBeats)
highway skies (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     Next we went to my old workplace, Newbury Comics. Seriously the best place I've ever "worked" for. Granted I never brought home money (I kept using my paycheck to rack up cd's and albums) but I had a blast. All day all of us would kick it, listen to music, goof around, just have a rockin' good time. Man...Newbury~
     Turns out everyone I worked with got relocated to a different store, so we drove the forty minutes there to see all of the original staff! I saw the guys that hired me, the people I used to squiggle with...
Such a busy and fun first day....and it keeps getting better!
     We closed the evening with the rest of that family friends crew we got. I surprised them by tucking away into my jacket and just chilled. Again, the love and the beats not missing have been sugar coating this trip.

     In the theme of sugar I got home late and decided to take full advantage of my parent's oven...within hours I had "conceived" hundred(s) of sweet delicious things.
coconut chocolate chip almond walnut cookies (photo taken by VeganBeats)
orange cinnamon gazed shortbread sugar cookies (photo taken by VeganBeats)
walnut apricot choco-coconutty bar (photo taken by VeganBeats)
no recipe...VeganBeating kitchen play (photo taken by VeganBeats)
vegan tollhouse (photo taken by VeganBeats)
What have I been doing without an oven? Seoul~ help me out, gimme a big oven not this silly toaster oven jazz...you aren't fooling anyone.

There will be a post dedicated to Binger...that glorious pig of mine that brings me so much joy and child-like giddiness!!

I am a guinea pig...a heart with limbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment