Saturday, December 10, 2011

Sichuan and Cambodian black pepper Tofu

     I'm still doing that college-bound frugal jam of hitting the reduced produce spots (but ALWAYS at the small family run places) and have been running away with a lot of great stuff. The other day I got 6 eggplants for 1,000원! A massive 600g block of 두부 (tofu) for 1,000 원, and a pack of 6 yellow onions for 2,000원!! Check that, 6,000원 for a BUNCH of meals. Luckily, my closet is stocked with all sorts of herbs and exotic spices so through some experimentation I whipped up a Sichuan and Cambodian black pepper tofu and eggplant dish. Spicy, savory, and warming up this cavity of mine that's been rattling at the weather chills!
in it's glory! (photo taken by VeganBeats)
    I wish I measured what I was doing, this was really a hazy throw thing together task and I ended up with this bowl of sassy and spicy energy!

I know I used 1 eggplant, 150 g of tofu, 1 small onion, 1 T sunflower oil, 3/4 T freshly ground Cambodian black pepper, splashes of ground pepper, and water...yum^^*!~

No comments:

Post a Comment