Friday, March 23, 2012

반찬 with the Family (Alex and mom's in Seoul!)

     My brother and mom are kicking it in Seoul!! They got here yesterday afternoon and though tired, my uncle came over and we all went out to dinner. We went to a barbecue/meat house that's a stone's throw away and parts of me were slightly concerned about vegan options, but the 반찬 spread left me full and more than satisfied. I'll let the pictures do the talking~
lettuce, 고추, spicy spring onions, and 단호박 (sweet pumpkin) 튀금 (photo taken by VeganBeats)
pickled radish (photo taken by VeganBeats)
Spicy kale and carrot salad!! (photo taken by VeganBeats)
shredded cabbage in a sweet rice and apple vinegar sauce (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     The best 반찬 (banchan- side dish) was a green salad with a raw blueberry dressing! The salad was full of bok choy, spinach greens, romaine lettuce, and cabbage. I usually hate sweet dressings but this was a great change to the mix. There were chunks of little blueberries that hid in the sauce. Considering how everyone around me was throwing back flesh, I was throwing back antioxidants and crunchy glory~ and some maekgoli! >.<#
the blueberry dressing on greens! (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     After dinner, Alex and I wandered my hood, did some coffee binging, and caught up! I still can't believe that he's here! The journeys that await us!! 
I look like I'm balding, he's exhausted, and we're both tipsy...ehhh Seoul (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     Oh and~ my mom's friend made a batch of sesame crackers for me! I'm a crunch woman, I've always wanted food that way. Crunchy veggies, snappy greens, toasted breads, thin crackers, if it's got a snap it's better in my book. I was genuinely surprised for this~ 
     This post is rushed but I promise there'll be more places I'll talk about~

Until next time^^*

No comments:

Post a Comment