Sunday, March 4, 2012

Beans and Pasta~

     I am loyal to Foreign Food Mart, there's a wide-variety of goods, the owner's a really nice guy, and it feels like...."home." I don't want a ritzy, clean grocery store, I like my busy, packed, multi-lingual/ multi-cultural places, where you are always finding things. Like a little treasure hunt, there's an adventure waiting around the bend. Recently, I've been grabbing curiosities... Discoveries to make while at home!
     I've been spending a lot more time in the Itaewon area, so making the truck over to the Foreign Food Mart isn't so difficult...which is great in terms of getting much needed things, but a little stabbing on my wallet. This past week, I've grabbed some GREAT things, protein, fiber, delicious~ beans! Dried beans are far cheaper than canned ones, and at the Foreign mart they bags of dried beans are all around 3,000W! AND you get well over 5 pounds of beans per bag. Needless to state, but boil a ton of these and cooking is not needed throughout the week...not to mention all that hummus!
beans bean beans~! (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     Aside from them beans, I made a massive pasta dish a while ago (saving money, stomach pains) that was loaded with flavor and broccoli florets! I really don't like pasta but...you can make a whole lot, and it's a "college" cash saver... For seasonings and spices I used a lot of white and black pepper, spicy red pepper, green tea salt, oregano, basil, and some rosemary, crushed and stewed cherry tomatoes. Next time, I'll just make carrot noodles. 
too much pasta (photo taken by VeganBeats)

No comments:

Post a Comment