Saturday, March 10, 2012

Tea, Tutoring, and Wine tasting~

     Most of you are aware that currently, I'm pretty much kicking it. ㅎㅎ Kicking it in the fashion of working every morning and tutoring through the evenings, so I am working, but getting to have a more relaxed (and productive) day time. So unbelievably thankful for that, I get more yoga in, more sunlight in my face...I'm feeling so much happier. I do miss my kids, but this structured and allowed me time has been doing me well.
     Most of my tutoring sessions happen in tea shops and cafes, which grants me all these opportunities to scope out new places! Remember Mug for Rabbit Cakery? I went there a bit ago with one of my students and it made a for a positive place to be productive, catch up, and relax! This time around in stead of coffees we both got teas, she got chamomile and I got....PUERH!!! Puerh is a Chinese tea that is perfection! Back when I was in China I consumed cupfuls upon cupfuls of this. It's woody, bodied, energy filling, and what relaxation is. I was in squeals about this find...I finished it too quickly, but felt a like I was back in the streets of Changchun. So happy ^^*
pourin Puerh~ (photo taken by VeganBeats)
Puerh surprise! (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     So, my students are such amazing people. I truly and genuinely love all of them, I'm really fortunate to have such great people that I get to meet so regularly! (I think I'm that all-lovey teacher eh?) After our tutoring session we went to a wine tasting! The wine tasting party is happening all this month from 6:30-8:30pm and last time we passed the venue we made a mental note to check this out!
buy them bottles~ (photo taken by VeganBeats)
    The wine available for tasting are of course both whites and reds, from Chile, Italy, Spain, and France. They're all really yummy wines, nothing is too sweet, dry varieties! And the greatest thing (besides the consumption of wine) is that upon going to this event, you get a 50% discount on the wines you try. They're a bit pricey (40,000W a bottle) but yummy wine in Korea....jump on it!
wine wine wine (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     The wine tasting party is happening at a wine bar that's on the same street as both Oriental Spoon and Mug for Rabbit Cakery (parallel to Garusogil). If you're walking the street they are on, and just leaving from Sinsa station, it will be on your left about 100 yards before Oriental Spoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment