Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hiking Around Seoul~

      Saturday and Sunday both started off at the Sun's first gleam!

     Yoga began my Saturday, which was wonderful considering the natural head pain (ahhh 막걸리and walking the Han). Listening to good music and healing that groggy gut I found myself fine by the evening to meet up with some beautiful Seouls. My Noksapyeong crew and I grabbed some drinks at The Concorde, hit up a cigar bar (for a brief second) then we went to an Maloney's where death metal shimmied us out.
     Sunday, I met up with more of my crew and we hiked all around Seoul! We started off near my old hood (노원 Nowon!!!) and Pol was a FABulous tour guide.
photo taken by VeganBeats
     I've been making reference to this whole state of mind I've been stuck in lately...quick to anger, frustrated, all around a bit negative. Sure sign that this veganlady needs some change in attitude, some new motivation, a newer, brighter, and more positive direction. This damned toe of mine has prevented me from the natural solution, physical activity. Walking a lot is most I can do, (lame) but hiking I've discovered is no problem. Especially when the cold weather numbs your digits!
photo taken by VeganBeats
      A bunch of us trucked up a mountain, overlooking all of Seoul, the walls of it, the hidden foxholes, stairwells, sucking in all that chilly nippy air! It's views, the freshness, people, everything in combination that reminds me and has me recalling~ "this is why I'm here."
photo taken by VeganBeats
photo taken by VeganBeats
photo taken by VeganBeats
photo taken by VeganBeats
photo taken by VeganBeats
photo taken by VeganBeats
     Laughing with these friends that I just don't see enough, hiking trails my feet haven't kissed in too long, my eyes capturing the city I live in, I needed all of this, all of it. The space before me allowed my mind to access a space of serenity, calmness- even if it was brief. The day, the entire day was spent in this energetic field.
POL-IM NI DA~ (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     Doesn't matter what day this was...it being Lunar New Years eve was the icing on the cake~

No comments:

Post a Comment