Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Final Night Stateside~

     Here will be my loving on Shanghai again! Being a place that's been purely celebration and all love, I have nothing negative to say about it being a wonderful location, and starting point. Before kicking it to Korea, it seems that Shanghai has been the spot! My hometown is close to Thayer street and when it comes to spending time with some wonderful people (and old coworkers) this street's the spot. The summer before Seoul, I spent a lot of time here just wandering, knocking back coffees, teas, and puffing around in Hookah bars. My last night this time around was spent in this bar with food, good friends, and the lovely Scorpion bowl!
Scorpion bowl (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     The night began with kicking it at the lovely Daihana's house, then running over to Shanghai for dinner and drinks. RI was majorly cold and we sat by the door, rocking jackets! Parts of me, nearly all parts of me didn't want to leave...not yet. I had only hours left with these wonderful people and..ugh~ why are they so wonderful?!...
adorable (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     I don't want to post too many pictures of my friends up on this...I'd love to share their wonderful faces with the world but... I feel it's smarter not to.
good camera or IPhone? Ahh Beautiful Daihana and myself! (photo taken by VeganBeats)
Wanda and Antwan (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     After drinks, we went back to Daihana's place and Ryan joined! It was us again and...I kept hearing the clock ticking and wishing time would slow. While everyone was growing tired, I was growing antsy. I'm hoping (and WANTING) them all to kick it Seoul-side with me! (hint hint)
this is the phone I used...goinnnng back~ (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     I pulled an all-nighter, loaded onto the plane and started missing this crew hardcore~

This vacation, this visit to the States was wonderful~ A completely sugar-coated sweet and positive experience. I surprised my family, met my brother's beautiful girlfriend, kicked it with the Dwyers, went bridesmaid dress fitting, got together with Ryan, had REAL beer, kicked it with Daihana, Antwan, and Wanda, went to Vermont and kicked it with the BQ crew, played Cyclono, played in Boston, took loads of photos...and it all ended with the same lovely crew that saw me off the last time I was in the states...

I didn't think I'd have such a hankering for the sweet things~!

No comments:

Post a Comment