Sunday, September 4, 2011

Puzzle cafe in Hongdae!

     I all too often wander the streets on 홍대 in a drunken stupor, laughing with friends and soaking up the 소주 steamed streets. Always during the evening, and generally on weekends, I find myself in this area. Nearly every weekend, I state to myslef I won't end up there, but...it happens. 홍대 is a night thing, and a drunk thing. Without some drinks swishing in your gut, and a light hazy glow protecting your nose, the smell of drying vomit, mountains of trash, and rotting cigarettes is completely intolerable.
     But yesterday I found myself there during the day. I know there are a lot of cafes tucked in the corners of these college streets and I found one accidentally that tickled my fancy. Cafe Puzzle!
photo taken by VeganBeats
     As a kid I would spend hours spoiling my OCD tendencies by figuring out puzzles and reorganizing colors, by shapes, by numbers of edges, etc. I love puzzles, I like concentrating, focusing, and keeping myself busy. It's also a great way to keep your brain exercising a little bit.
photo taken by VeganBeats
     This cafe is quaint and cozy! There are big windows that let in a lot of sunlight and big comfy love-seats. When you order a drink, you can choose from hundred of puzzles and just play around!
photo taken by VeganBeats
     This cafe serves some food items, and I'm not sure if it is the most vegan friendly. I have to be honest, I was overwhelmed with puzzle options that my eyes didn't leave shelves...but there are some treats available to the vegetarian crowd! (cakes, muffins, etc)
photo taken by VeganBeats
     I got an Americano and a panda puzzle, and went crackin. The Americano was nice, not very strong and a bit pricey (5,000W)! Regardless...I think it was worth it, the cafe is a great idea!
photo taken by VeganBeats
Location: Mapo-gu, Seogyo-dong, 345-7 3 cheung (마포구 서교동 345-7 3층)
Directions: Hongdae University station, line 2, get out at exit 9. Take a left and walk straight, you will see Man Studio, take that left and walk straight. Across from Primo Bacio Baci, Cafe Puzzle is on the 3rd floor!
Phone #: 02-325-3033
Cafe Puzzle blog (in Korean)



     And just like that...홍대 makes me fall in love with it...

Oh...at night, I came back. >.<#

No comments:

Post a Comment