Friday, November 25, 2011

Loads of "grazies"

     As tradition has it, and as influenced as I am (evidently), today/tonight brings about all these feeling of immense gratitude...I have come rather far from a year ago and have accumulated a lot of experiences, people, moments, thoughts, lessons, etc that have gotten me to an all around content and blissfully smiley state...I'm overall and broadly very thankful for many many things...list maybe? (in no particular order)~ and yeah, I'm photo bombing~~~
Jaxs, my best friend, my sister..love love love (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     For nearly a decade (wait...a whole one!) I've shared so many experiences with Jaxs, she's taught me so much, has helped me out in more ways than I can ever explain and has made Korea (and my life) so much brighter...xoxox~ (trust there's more but...this is a blog, my heart's not ready to be too publicly vulnerable, sheesh)
고구마 and tea! (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     A while back, way a while ago, as I was walking home from EDLS I nearly stepped on something scurrying on the ground. I figured it was snow at first but when I bent down I spotted this tiny wide-eyed hamster peering up at me...meeting one another during sweet potatoe season, this guy got dubbed, 고구마 (goguma) meaning just that...'Sweet potato.' He's sassy and obnoxious, and too cute to handle!
photo taken by VeganBeats
     Hamlet has brought so much love and comforting snuggles since we began our journey as Seoul roomies. She greets me when I come home and socializes all the time. She's a love bug that went from skittish nervous wreck, ducking under everything that could shield her from the outside world to a snobby attention craver~ 
photo taken by VeganBeats
     The first person I met the first day of EDLS and the sister I can never forget. She took me under her wing, provided support, genuine happiness, and shared so many fun adventures with! She's AMAZING, beautiful, and one of the greatest woman I have ever encountered in my life. Without her, Seoul would be lacking MAJOR soul!
photo taken by VeganBeats
     Ani~ a best friend, a soul-sister, fighter, strong woman, all around bad ass, and someone that lifts your spirits. Ani is brilliant, and we shared Vietnam together, along with Vermont, and again, words do not add up to the adoration!
photo taken by VeganBeats
     Korea's culture, land, the color it has to offer~
photo taken by VeganBeats
      Random (and special) events and gatherings that have been presented to me, granting me opportunities to meet some pretty amazing people!~ 
     Like the bakesale where I finally met Mipa! And where I met the beautiful and wonderful Kia and Sean (love love love)~ Also where I met Chris and some other beautiful seouls! And like the Tod's grand opening!
photo taken by Jaxs
     Wine nights with Jaxs, wine while looking over Seoul, tall buildings...ahhh wine~
     Long walks, wanderings, and trucks around the area where I make discoveries, clear my head, build up those endorphins...etc. 
photo taken by VeganBeats
     Markets where you meet the business owners/farmers, haggle, barter, and get to smell and be surrounded by fresh produce, steaming rice cakes, and sweet fruits. I love the chaos involved, the yelling sales, bustling shoppers, bag shufflings...the craziness is relaxing, somehow. 
photo taken by VeganBeats
     I'm thankful for far too many things to really get into...wine, friends, the people and crew back in VT, the memories I still hold onto from VT, organic veggies, my family here, the beautiful people I have in my life, art, shows...

ahhh~ thanks year^^*!~

No comments:

Post a Comment