Thursday, November 24, 2011

~Happy Thanksgiving~

     This is the second Thanksgiving I've sent Seoul-side and I can remember the one I had last year. Chillin in my apartment, snuggling with the kids...repeat, yea!
     I WISH I WISH I had an oven, I miss playing chef~
Usually I prepare all the noms for Thanksgiving for the fam back home (last year they went with lasagna because 'it wasn't the same') and this year I've got a skype date set with them!!
     Anyways...I went with the whole binge-y Thanksgiving American theme and this is my vegan Thanks feast...
veggies and ssamjang! (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     There is no traditional mashed taters, steamed onions, warm peas, cranberry sauce, or tofurkey...but this is spicey savory delish deals. I started with a carrot and cucumber dipped in 쌈장 (ssamjang) and then I whipped up a curry and served it with shitake red quinoa. The curry consisted of sweet potatoe, carrots, tofu, and seaweed. The curry was different in that I added lemongrass, red chilli strands, galangal, and cambodian black pepper. 
whoa curry! (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     Delicious and filling~
Ahhh and this is who I get to snuggle with...yea, I'm thankful^^*!~
yea I'm cute!! (photo taken by VeganBeats)

No comments:

Post a Comment