Saturday, January 29, 2011

Success...fighting*^^*!~

What a Wonderful day*!~
Today was the Asan Animal shelter Fundraiser over at Cafe Harunohee, and there were not only so many donations, a packed house, and great Vegan desserts...there were some AMAZING people^^*!~

     I was super pumped for this event, haven't had much of a chance to meet other veg heads in the area...opportunity knocking...and it was meant to happen, how many things happen on line 7?!
     I met up with George around noon-ish and together we found Cafe Harunohee, super cute, very quaint, small and cozy. The menu was written in both Korean and English and in chalk...felt very organic, very...comforting. The vegan spread was right by the door and so much was gone already, lots to choose from and with money just taken from the atm, this woman went a little snack crazy!
the interior (photo taken by VeganBeats)
 After buying a bunch of goodies, and meeting the infamous, gorgeous and Vegan blogging Goddess, Alien's Day Out...George and I went and ordered some noms. George went for the special of the day, Japanese curry, and I went with the pumpkin soy latte (4,800W.)
all smiles and waiting for curry (photo taken by VeganBeats)
I was too slow to capture the pre-mix, but there ltos of veggies...always glad to see broccoli!! (photo taken by VeganBeats)
 Everyone in the states knows and is fully aware with my pumpkin addiction...which kicks into high-gear around the fall, I was dreaming about this latte since I planned on going to the fundraiser...was I drooling a little?
pumpkin soy latte nom nom nom^^**(photo taken by VeganBeats)
 There was a glorious spread or beuatiful desserts, pecan bars, blondies, pumpkin bars (I got 2!!!!), etc...and even pumpkin chocolate chip scones...pumpkin love fulfilled*!~
pumpkin chocolate chip scones ^^*~ (photo taken by VeganBeats)
 Food sold out really quick, and I already emptied my wallet on the latte and a bunch of goodies...I was tempted to splurge on Cafe Harunohee's treat of the day, vegan waffles, fruit, and vegan whip cream...I will say I got a taste and BAM...as much as I'm trying to reduce the sugar intake...how can I deny a treat like this, and amongst new friends!! I have to say it was bomb....I'm tempted to show up everyday and requesting it...maybe it'll become a permanent breakfast option at this place hmmm ^^*~      I didn't expect to stay so long, but I am so glad I did. I met some wonderful, bright, intelligent, and passionate people. Met a few other vegans, and another writer!! And I met Alien's Day Out...admission, wonderful person!

Eventually wandered home and coudln't feel my fingers...today is CHILLy...
Got some snapshots of the glory when I got home...and did a little cooking, but first, the visual dessert orgasms*!~

blondie and gingerbread biscotti (photo taken by VeganBeats)
pumkin brownie and peanut butter jam thumbprints!! (photo taken by VeganBeats)
pumpkin chocolate chip scone, in bag! (photo taken by VeganBeats)
and out of bag..nom nom (photo taken by VeganBeats)
walnut toffee bar-eeek I forgot the actual title...apologies (photo taken by VeganBeats)
mexican hot chocolate snickerdoodle and chocolate chip cookie!! (photo taken by VeganBeats)
  Everything smells and looks great^^*!~ The fundraiser went really well, many people donated blankets, pillows, and money to help out the lovely animals over at Asan shelter...Vegan/Veggie Power*!~

Thanks for putting this event up ladies...you are AMAZING*!~

Due to the cold weather and the smell of curry...along with frigid lack of finger feeling..I whipped up a spicey hearty curry...chalk full of spinach, mushrooms, carrots, onions, and coconut flakes...nom nom
curry...ahhhh (photo taken by VeganBeats)
 I also got a little craving for some garlic scapes..I talked a lot about Vermont today and ahhh, what I would do for some kale...anyways, here's what I whipped up*!~
I love accidentally making something amazing ^^*~ (photo taken by VeganBeats)
 What you need:
*garlic scapes (as much as you want, I only used 4 pieces) cut into 2cm sections
*a leek (Korean leeks 1-2, American leeks 3-4)
*water spinach, about a handful
*mushrooms (I used chantarells!)
*2-3 cloves of garlic (I liek garlic okay!!)
*red pepper flakes
*pepper
*sesame oil (1T)
*soy sauce (2-3ts)

What you do:
1. heat a medium sized pan on med-high, add some oil, then add the scapes
2. mix the scaped for about 3 or so minutes then add the chopped mushrooms
3. fry for a couple minutes until the juices are released from the mushrooms, then add th leek and spinach
4. as the spinach starts to wilt add the red pepper flakes, garlic, and pepper
5. mix everything thoroughly for about 3-4 minutes then add 1-3 teaspoons or soy sauce (feel free to add more for flavor)
6. heat until the soysauce is almost dissolved and enjoi*!~

nom nom...ahh greens and heat^^*!~

1 comment:

  1. Vanessa! Was awesome to finally meet you~ I'm glad you were able to come, and that you enjoyed the goodies! let's get together again sometime~~

    I'm wondering though, where did those pumpkin scones come from? ^^ Did i miss something? haha~~

    ReplyDelete