Monday, January 10, 2011

Monday...you turned out well*!~

          Every week when Monday edges closer, I find myself in this really undefined position of dread -ugh another work week- and excitment, what did my kids do this weekend? What new slaps in the face will I get from my job? What konglish will be thrown at me? What ridiculous statements will I hear and struggle to not laugh at or silenced with...
          Sunday evening is this multi-houred game of tug of war...go to sleep, be well rested for the next day, and succumb to the fact that Monday is closer...or stay awake as long as possible, give the weekend something more to hold on too. Instead of dealing with the inevitable approaching Monday, I don't pass out until 3am, am exhausted for work...my negativity aside...
          Teaching is great because of the kids, solely because of them. Sure there are wonderful coworkers but in the end, the kids are what keep me caring. The genuine eagerness, curiosity and work ethic is unbelievable. For such young kids, they display so much determination, competition, and drive...my students in America made me feel like if I challenged them a little they would falter.
This morning was one of those days where I was only and purely looking forward to kicking it with my kids. I had a fun weekend, but it was too short, it slipped by before I even breathed any of it in.
And thanks to my girls....today was more than fun and Monday turned out to be enjoyable*!~
Hailey, Lynn, and Eileen (photo taken by VeganBeats)
 Today I brought my camera in and a photoshoot was in order!!
adorable*!~ photo taken by VeganBeats
 "Let's make love, let's make hearts!!"
^^*~ photo taken by VeganBeats
 I think my heart melts...I can be in the worst and foulest of moods but....ahhh I'm mush
photo taken by VeganBeats
photo taken by VeganBeats
We're hamsters!!! (photo taken by VeganBeats)
Esther (photo taken by VeganBeats)
 I told Shawn to smile...this is all he managed to muster....
photo taken by VeganBeats
The rest of the day rounded off with Peter Pan 2, all the kids hearing my tummy grumble "teacher! You're tummy goes grum beee gooom"

The rest of the day went by well too, my other kids were awesome and there were lots of laugh and....some goofy comments....

one of my students told me that they were really hungry her classmate told me "teacher, maybe she would taste yummy if she was fried?"

Until next time Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment