Thursday, January 13, 2011

순두부 on a "sick" day

It wasn't a sick day...it was a day after "night in 홍대" situation...too many hours of sleep missed, bottles of 소주, bills spent on getting home...
The thing about 소주 is it catches up to you suddenly, and before you can be prepared...

Anyways, details not needed...point is I made a mean bowl of 김치순두부! It was filled with nearly everything in my fridge that was in dire need of some lovin, and thankfully everything in there was what my body was craving....
^^*~ photo taken by VeganBeats
Here's what I did:
What you need:
*soft tofu
*enoki mushrooms
*chives/scallions
*half a med. onion cut into half moons
*as much 김치 as your heart desires...cut up (thank you scissors)
*seaweed (fresh from the produce stand next to me, literally the guy drove up, car smelling of oceans!!)
*red pepper flakes (extra spice is always nice)
*a baby 고구마 sliced thin (this guy was counting it's last week...had to, had to)

Here's what I did:
1. Boil a pot of water and throw in the sliced onions
2. add the sliced 고구마 (sweet potatoe) and sliced seeweed

3. let it boil for about 10 minutes or so, then add the 김치 and 김치 juices
4. Boil it for a bit longer, kind of wanted my 긴치 a bit tender...
5. add the soft tofu
6. cover the pot for a couple minutes, maybe 3
7. Add the red pepper flakes and mushrooms and cover the pot for another 5-8 minutes
8. Let it down to a simmer, and if you want more flavor feel free to add salt or more hot ness!!!
9. Serve it up with slices scallions and chives on top...my mom adds sesame oil for extra flavor...mine wasn't needed though!!

This was exactly what my body wanted and needed, spice, protein, a little starch, and always...always 김치

Enjoi*!~

No comments:

Post a Comment