Sunday, February 12, 2012

Eats from the past~

     My blogging frequency has been so spotty lately, apologies. I haven't been in a super positive place for a bit, I'm trying to get smiling again but...I've been so bitter and aggressive lately. I also want to make this blog something positive and in high spirits. People aren't always on the rise and in a happy place but all this negativity is my own, so why share it?

     To keep myself busy and focus on other things, I've done some kitchen playing. From bean burgers, tofu burgers, noodle salads, stews...I've got a packed freezer~ (sorry I don't have photos of everything)
noodle salad (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     The noodle salad was simple, but really flavorful. I added a load of veggies~ greens, lettuce, kale, onions, 김치, and garlic! I seasoned it with some sesame seeds, soy sauce,  red pepper flakes, sesame oil, vinegar, and green tea powder~
tofu bean burgers (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     The burgers were really tasty, and chalk full of veggies. I steamed some bean sprouts and cabbage and mixed it with fresh onions, garlic, 김치, shredded carrots, zukes, sun-dried tomatoes, tofu, and red kidney beans. For seasoning (besides the garlic~ there was so much of it that it's an ingredient) black pepper, green tea salt, red pepper flakes, white pepper, pinches of basil, thyme, and rosemary! I literally chopped everything up to super tiny pieces, added it to crushed tofu, mashed beans and held it all together with vital wheat gluten. I'm still lacking an oven, so I had to turn to the pan fry~

ahhh~ them past eats...

No comments:

Post a Comment