Friday, June 17, 2011

Food Processor fun^^*!~

     The point'n'shoot camera I have really does no justice for the presentation of my food, my adventures, or really anything!!! I'm in the position where I need to consider where my next pay check is going to...Vietnam, the Philippines, a new camera, or a new apartment...Officially living paycheck to paycheck and, hell I'm smiling!
     Anyways...my 이모 is amazing, biggest heart in the world and she surprised me with a food processor, a teeny one but, since then I've whipped up some yummy jazz!! (Most of it is in my freezer though!!)
vegan 만두!!! (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     I'll admit...I wander the grocery stores and see what the sample ladies whip up. While at Kim's club (desperate search for guinea pig food) I saw a crowd swelling around the mushrooms. A little curious and easily preoccupied I discovered that the sample worker was handing out little mushroom 전, so...I grabbed a bunch and using the nifty processor of mine, sliced them up SUPER tiny, mixed a 1:1 ratio of water to my flour mixture (that's 1:1 whole wheat and unbleached flour, a a teeny bit of sweet potato flour) and added a small amount of sea salt...here's the result!
my mushroom 전 (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     I anticipate a super lazy morning...mmm recovery meal may be a lightly pan-fried 전.     >.<#

     There are a few things from the states I miss...I won't get too into it but nut-butters! Affordable quality nut butters. They have skippy, peter pan, corn-syrup marinated "peanut butter" here...I brought and bought lots of organic almonds and my school provides me with celery, let's put two and two together! 
organic almond butter!!! (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     The best thing I made (and worst quality photo) was an organic mango and strawberry sorbet! I always add strawberry at the end because I like some of it to be a bit chunky! It keep the sorbet colder for longer! No sugar, no additives, just straight up fruit! I have a feeling my summer is going to be lovely!!
mango strawberry sorbet! (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     I am more than thankful and excited about all the things I (hope) will be making!

I just had my first puer, and am going to snuggle up with my writing partners (^-^) and read my new book!!
I wish they had thumbs so they could have little mugs of puer with me...photo taken by VeganBeats


An exciting weekend awaits!!

No comments:

Post a Comment