Thursday, June 23, 2011

Durian Jam

     While wandering Itaewon (이태원) this past weekend I stumbled upon another foreign market, near Foreign Market!!
     This one is pretty simple to get to as well. Itaewon station, exit 4, walk straight, at the Dunkin Donuts take a right and walk up the hill, take the first left AFTER Foreign Food Market, it will be on your left after a rack of children's clothing. Maybe 100-150 meters from the corner!

Anyways...this is what I brought home with me!!
Durian jam...^^* (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     Durians are undeniabley a very acquired taste...smelling like corpses (imagine wet gym socks sitting in a sealed bag for a couple hours) and not very attractive, it's got a texture like custard. They're pricey as hell and I personally love them. I spent too much money in China Town (back home in Boston) on both durians and biziou (Chinese alcohol~ soju and this stuff....aiiii.) But this was a hell of a find and at 3,000W I can mentally fool myself that I've got the real thing. Take a whiff and enjoi!

No comments:

Post a Comment