Thursday, December 2, 2010

김치찌개 and baby oyster mushroom yumminess*!~

Been cooking a bit at my place...it's getting cold, and this woman needs something warm...

First, my mom recently visited Seoul and she was super thoughtful and more than kind and whipped up some 김치찌개 for me, and froze it up for me (thanks ^_^). I've always LOVED 김치찌개 but everywhere around here it's made with fish stock and slabs of finely cut pork/beef/ fish/ meats...so I was more than happy to spoil myself with a big bowl of this!! Plus...it brought me home and reminded me of my family in the states for a bit....(strangely Korean food reminds me of my time in the states as a child...always Korean)

김치찌개
photo taken by VeganBeats
       A new produce market has opened up near my 학원 and I've been checking it out after teaching. Because it just opened there are some GREAT sales, a HUGE bag of oyster mushrooms was 2,000W, 3 cucumbers for 1,000W, and a big bag or onions for 3,000W...c'mon, I was on top of that.
     I came home with a bounty of new fresh produce and my mind started working...I don't really remmeber what my process was, or what I did but twenty minutes later I made this, and...yumm*!~

photo taken by VeganBeats
Obviously a bunch of the baby oyster mushrooms, onion, freshly ground Cambodian pepper, a splash of soy sauce, and red pepper. It was warm, full of flavor, and I felt so spoiled. It didn't have too much soy sauce or pepper (which is great), you could really taste the earthiness of the mushrooms...I have to say I like the baby ones more. They're cute and not to overwhelming in size. I always feel like I'm going to choke on the king oyster...

Not too much cooking fun, I really do wish I had an oven....ah, the fun I would have*!~ ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment