Tuesday, December 14, 2010

고구마 experimenting*!~....and the weekend closed up

A while ago I bought a bog of 고구마 so before it goes bad I've been able toexplore the world and possibilities of 고구마 (sweet potatoes.) And beat this, their GOLDEN sweet potatoes...nom*!~ (fat kid....)
So there's this popular and obscenely pricey snack/meal called 마탕. (sugar coated sweet potatoes) so of course....a mission this Vegan gal was sure to tackle...and trial one was a success....except the sugar crystallized a bit faster that I planned.
Hell I never eat sugar, so what was I to know about the science of it...

마탕
photo by VeganBeats
What you need:
*oil
*고구마 (sweet potatoes...peel them)
*black sesame seeds
*sugar (I used organic...>_< )

Directions:
1. peel the potatoes, and cut them into one inch bite size chunks
2. while cutting the potatoes, heat up a big pot of oil...pour in too much oil...>_<#
3. when the oil is hot, put the potatoes in, let them fry for about 7 minutes, until they're golden brown on the outside but soft inside.
4. while the potatoes are frying, heat up another pan and put in a TBL of oil, let it heat up and pour in about 1-2 TBL of sugar...when the sugar starts to melt, simmer super SUPER low and swivel the pan around...DO NOT USE A SPOON OR ANYTHING TO MIX IT UP
4. when the potatoes are done frying, drain them on a paper towel then throw them in the syrup pan and stir it up
5. put it all on a plate and sprinkle on some sesame seeds...
6. enjoy^^*~
 This weekend I met up with some BEAUTIFUL Seouls and went shopping at Hyundai...WHOA, is thta place expensive...But I did find something I was willing to drop a few thousand Won on......
Seaweed chips!!*~*~*~
This stuff is AMAZING, it's baked and sweetened, and should I mention...Vegan*!~
ahhhh glory.....
I bought a couple varieties, but due to poor camera skills, here's a pic of two of the "chips" I got...
thick seaweed with rice crisps and peanuts!
photo taken by VeganBeats

lotus root chips^^*!~ I literally died when I tasted AND saw these....nom nom nom
photo taken by VeganBeats
 After a day of shopping and wandering around, I went out and met with the crew in 강남, we went to this Fire bar where they light everything on fire....drinks of course. Wasn't in drinking mood...but was down for adventure...and crew time. This past week has been more than stressful and I've been in this head of mine for...too many evenings in a row...
shots on fire*!~
photo taken by VeganBeats
 This bar had a great atmosphere, except they have extremely steep stairs going into and out of the bar...hazard...yes!
They're menus are very interesting, giant fold up matchboxes...but..just wrong signs...look~>
Anne Frank, I'm sure she loved her cocktails..."she lived in an attic!"
photo taken by VeganBeats
 Checking out new places is always appreciated...but everywhere I go is Gorilla music...out of head, back in it....>_<##
Anyways...I end this post with the Beautiful*!~
breathtaking Jaxs*!~
photo taken By VeganBeats

No comments:

Post a Comment