Thursday, October 21, 2010

MY Birthday...getting older and celebrating it OUTSIDE of the states!! night 1*!~

A new year, another start...a new number now attached to my life...ahhh I'm getting older. As we all are every second of every minute of every day..but Birthdays have this significance where (at least I) we review the past year, the past failures, regrets (none), accomplishments, obstacles, etc. Birthdays are everyone's official "New Year."
This is the first time where I celebrated (and still am) my Birthday outside of the states, away from old friends, old familiar buddies and my crew. I do miss them all very much, but it is with a sweetened coating.

This year I went out with a new crew!!

First things, didn't get out of work until 7, and didn't really manage to shower...AND I had a futon to move out of my place...I sprinted home, jumped in the shower, whipped on some clother, threw a futon down three flights of stairs then yanked on those hot boots and to the subway...

Got to Konkuk University and met up with Steph and Jaxs...then Brian and Kevin, Jin met up with us later. We cruised around and found a pricey bar and started the night with a Long Island Ice tea...then Jin arrived...so before sipping, grabbed him!

Drink was good, super sweet and super strong...but of course couldn't taste anything so A-ok!! All the ladies got a Long island, Brian got a beer (I think), Kevin got a White Russian and Jin got a gin and tonic...that apparently tasted like water.

After drinks we wandered to a hookah bar and then...well things got hazy!
what hookah flavor...bucket or pure shots?!!
photo taken by VeganBeats
Trying to figure out what to get...I don't generally like making up the decision for a group, I mean I do love having control *yelp* but when it's kicking it and celebrating, I'd rather let the crew do what we are meant to do...Every hookah flavor I wanted the place was out of, and we tried to, well I tried to barter down a bottle of vodka...got a free cocktail and free shot though!! huzzah!!
Kevin and Steph
photo taken by VeganBeats
I got drunker (of course) than planned, heya I had work at 9 am!!!
Steph and I
photo taken by VeganBeats
OF course, the night was full of love and snuggles...just how I like them!!
Brian and Kevin
photo taken by VeganBeats
My free fruity cocktail!!!
photo taken by VeganBeats
Steph
photo taken by VeganBeats
Brian
photo taken by VeganBeats
Jin
photo taken by VeganBeats
As silly and embarassing as this may be to admit, I wish I had a little invisible photographer kicking it with me all the time, then I don't have to awkwardly whip out my camera and try to take candid photos to capture moments...telling people "DON'T POSE!!" only gets you so far....
Jin and I
photo taken by VeganBeats
my lovie my bestie, my Jaxs
photo taken by VeganBeats
Night one (yes, night one) of my birthday was wonderful!
The fact that all these people came out to kick it meant soso much...
The night ended wonderfully too!

No comments:

Post a Comment