Monday, October 25, 2010

두부마을 eats with the family

So after my time in Hongdae I met up with the family for the weekly Sunday get together...this time we went to a traditional tofu house, my emo says it's translated as tofu traditional house or tofu village...I didn't get many pictures...too groggy, too sleepy and too out of it to really focus on picture taking...
I rememember ending my time earlier than I really wanted to just to catch the subway back, we were supposed to meet and go out at 1:30...was late myself only to stumble upon an even later family. My emo, though amazing has a tendency to speak rather loudly...ei ei ei.
Anyways, we didn't meet up with the rest of the crew until 2:30pm and I was starving...hadn't eaten anything but ice coffees all day, eep. Anyways...there was so much amazing banchan, vegetable radish and cabbage kimchi, spicey lettuce (my favorite), squash and chive pancakes (jeon), pickled garlic, dry fried mushrooms, sweet persimmon tofu, green tea tofu, soft tofu, lotus root, soy bean sprouts, japchae, pumpkin grewl, etc etc etc.,..and the main attraction was the boiled spicey stew of tofu and about ten different types of mushroom...
spicey, silky, full bodied stew...perfect
photo taken by VeganBeats
There were some non-vegan options, dried fish, spicey fish, afterall this place is called a healthy food place, and well...fish has it's health benefits and I am not one to tell others that their lifestyle or dietary choice is wrong or something anyone should ever feel guilty about...
banchan banchan banchan. japchae (top left), cabbage kimchi, dried fish and seaweed, dry fried spicey swuash *lower center), spicey soybean sprouts, soft tofu (top right), spicey fish, scallion jeon...
photo tkane by VeganBeats
Another shot of the banchan, though half demolished...I had onlya bowl full of food, was just not in the mood to gorge...but damn, Koreans can eat. All the banchan was filled atleast twice over....ㅎㅎㅎ
photo taken by VeganBeats
This is a pic of the retuarant from the front, it was really cozy, cute, and...felt so calming...
photo taken by VeganBeats
This place is great for omnivores too...and more than vegan friendly. I definatly will make the trip back here...but maybe with a different crew...
Especially after the immense lack of sleep...a chiller calmer crew is in order...

No comments:

Post a Comment