Friday, July 27, 2012

You CAN make friends with salad...Best Dressing!

     I love salads, eat them everyday if not always~ I always hear the snap attack
"You can't make friends with salad"
~~~jargon from omnis (primarily) and..well the vegan jams gets picked on often but hey...ignorance is an inevitable right?!
     Sometimes to make a salad satisfying for even the pickiest and animal-bit crazed folk, you need a great sauce, marinade~ a bangin' sexy dressing!! I've got it...lather greens in this and you got something everyone wants to slurp up...slutty greens!
salad with that special sauce! (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     I got this recipe from Kufner, a BQ crew buddy~ This dressing pairs some of my favorite things, vinegars and mustard...wait, that's vinegar!
     It's super simple, super flavorful, and mind blowingly addictive~

What you need:
  1. good quality olive oil (extra virgin!)
  2. balsamic vinegar (I go with Blaze...yummmm)
  3. 2-3 garlic cloves, minced (I like them BIG)
  4. 1-2 T of sweetener (I like maple syrup or coconut sugar)
  5. 2 T of whole grain mustard
What to do:
  1. get a 1:1 ratio of Balsamic to Olive oil going...about 1/2-1 cup each will do!
  2. mix them up and add everything together
  3. shake/whip/mix it all up, taste and add salt or more of whatever to make even more perfect for you...
  4. What, simple, done already?! Go buddy up with them greens friend!! ^ㅊ^*


No comments:

Post a Comment