Monday, July 23, 2012

Raw Meal loving~ featuring bangin high-fiber green pea hummus poser

      Over the past couple weeks I've been playing around with more complex raw foods/meals. I usually stick to carrots, cucumbers, and any type of vinegar (load up that mustard and balsamic) but I've been wanting to mix things up! I've also been trying to keep my wallet a bit thicker for the Philippines (^ㅊ^*) so using whatever has been kicking it in my food cabinet is the only choice! This raw meal (salad) started with chopping up everything I had in my fridge, every veggie that's been chilling (hahah) got sliced and diced and sat staring at me in a bowl...balsamic (hell yea) is my go to, but I ran out of that so...the closet hunt began. I had a can of peas...0.o# I wasn't craving the lovely circular form of peas and wanted something to coat and equally be divided amongst all the chopped bits...hummus-like spread was called for! Garlic, black pepper, jalapenos, and a food processor...BOOM!
photo taken by VeganBeats
     So it may not be pretty, but it's healthy, delicious, full of flavor, and I felt super good after it! I found myself full of energy post-nomming and not feeling guilty~ 았사!!!~
yum~ (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     So...everything involved: red, purple, AND green cabbage, carrots, romaine lettuce, iceberg lettuce, green onions, and cucumbers!!! Chop chop choppy~~~Then I threw in a bunch of this bangin high-fiber green pea hummus poser~
What you need:
  1. can of green peas (it's what Korea's got) so maybe 1.5 cups of green peas
  2. 1-2 t black pepper
  3. 1 jalapeno (or more!~~)
  4. 2-3 cloves of garlic (or more~)
  5. water OR olive oil (I opted out)
~> got a food processor? Blend that ISH!!

Mix that raw jazz up!! 

     The salad/meal is high in fiber, got lots of protein, full of natural flavors and super filling! Hella Chyea~


No comments:

Post a Comment