Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Bao in Noksapyeong

     I love dining out, I really do~ checking out new places and discovering new takes on foods...inspiration is always a potential. I think the easiest, and most cost-effective way to run a restaurant is to do some sort of stir-fry dish. Make that your focus or theme of your joint and there's not really a way to disappoint your customers or to run out of money...unless you really are awful or your customers just have not a clue of what they like.
     Simple. choose what veggies and proteins you like...point...wait, nom.
Bao in Noksapyeong is stir-fry focused, it's super straightforward and vegan friendly (HUZZUH!~) You choose your grain/carb: brown or white rice, thick or thin rice noodles...choose a sauce (malay is peanut based and vegan), it all comes with loads of veggies (mushrooms, broccoli, onion, garlic, ginger, bokchoy, bean sprouts, scallions, and peppers) and you can choose additional proteins (tofu, cashews, chicken, etc) I was hoping to avoid the carbs all together, but that wasn't an option, so I went with a small portion of brown rice, no peppers, the malay sauce, tofu, and cashews~ result...
     yum~ I know what I like and it doesn't hurt (at all) that I was surrounded by people I adore!
my dish (before I snuck in loads of lettuce) photo taken by VeganBeats

     Aiii~ This dinner event was to celebrate the beautiful and wonderful womyn Melissa! She is a brilliant individual that always inspired me and made Seoul so much (Korea so much) brighter~ 

I already miss you Yake!!

How to get there, 
     Noksapyeong station, go out exit 2, walk straight and go in the inderpass (tunnel) and go out the left stairs...when you get out, walk straight again and at the corner you'll see Noxa, Bao is on the right side of that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment