Tuesday, July 17, 2012

VeganBeatin' Curry Play

     I feel like parts of me are still in the "college"-zone of money stretching, penny pinching, and ingredient spreading~ When trying to keep the wallet filled and deal with all them veggies that might be approaching the end of their expiration I turn to one thing...curry! Some people go with stews, soups, casseroles but for me it's always been curry! It's a meal that keeps growing!!
     Sometime last week I decided to make a massive batch of curry, I had loads of stuff that needed to be used and myself and the kids couldn't get through everything...not in time anyways! Papadams, everything in a pot and well~
white peppered papadams~ (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     I had zukes, lentils, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, onions, carrots, peas, and beans...all of it came together to make a super thick, rich, and loaded curry meal! Curry is great, but hella filling, super heavy, and a definite "stick-to-your-ribs" meal! Every time I make curry I think which tupperware I'll have to set aside. Leftovers are always bound to happen.

~ (I'm trying to make this post about money saving but...this was a dinner made for man ^^* meh meh meh
pot of curry~ (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     I usually eat curry like it is a stew but I'm not the most normal of folks~ I go to Indian restos requesting lettuce and salads versus naan, rice, or breads!! I made a lentil barley side that was spiced rasam style with some saffron in there!!
rasam curried lentil barley~ (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     Like most of what I make...measuring doesn't really happen, I throw everything together, cross my fingers, and hope for the best...

     Why is curry an easy way to feed yourself for a while...it gets thick...so when you want more, reheat and add water! It's the dish that keeps growing!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment