Sunday, April 15, 2012

Lenny Kravitz Seoul 2012

     Way back, when I was a mere middle school kid, I wasn't allowed to watch any MTV. All of my peers would wander into school spitting things about Road Rules, TRL, etc...I was always oblivious. I'm music-savvy and can carry my own, even when I was a kid. But MTV isn't about music, hasn't been since it first came out. When everyone chats MTV...they're spitting shit, I don't, and never knew that much about "shit" (unless well...uhhhh) On top of the "no crap tv" rule, we didn't, and have never had cable. The moments when my brother and I were exposed to cable tv, was the five minutes before our piano lessons at our teacher's house and the times we visited our Nana and Papa. Somehow, through some stream of glory and very suddenly, our home tv got VH1. VH1 was quality, music non-stop, pop up video, top twenty rock singles, music videos, VH1 artist spotlights, etc. My brother and I would soak in every video and I felt connected~ I could relate with my peers.
     There were some artists that made a genuine connection for me, some of them are may be embarrassing- preferences folks, and I was a middle school kid. Who were these/are these bands...Sugar Ray, Goo goo dolls, Santana, Fastball, Tal Bachman, Red Hot Chili Peppers, etc. There was one singer though, that was rebellious, risky, sexy, aesthetically drawing. Every time this artist was on the screen, my eyes were glued, studying the video, the lyrics, the attitude...he was empowering and full of love.

     And I saw him on Friday...and he held my hand! The "Best Male Rock Vocal Performer" Lenny Kravitz... I won free tickets to the show, and went with some pretty great guys! He put on a brilliant performance, was full of love, and provided a genuinely magical evening. The videos I took aren't uploading (ergh dropbox) but here are some shots I got of this rocker~ (I'll upload the videos soon!)
photo taken by VeganBeats
photo taken by VeganBeats
so happy! (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     Phil was wanting "Again" to be played, we were yelling it out so many times and Lenny played it! He looked at us and stated:
     "I didn't plan on playing that, but okay!..." Ugh~ so good!
photo taken by VeganBeats
     This was Lenny's first time in Seoul and his honest appreciation for being here was clear. He's been preforming for nearly 25 years and seems to still LOVE what he's doing. He got the audience involved, urging everyone to come forward, closer to the stage...the bodyguards were not feeling that. But after a little bit of time, he decided to "see all of us" and walked throughout the entire stadium....he got close to both Phil and I and when I reached my hand towards him, he clutched onto my hand! UGH~ 13 year old...phbbt present day me is still overwhelmed by this!
amongst his fans! (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     He ended the show with "Let Love Rule", a perfect way to bid us farewell. I wish this show could have been shared with everyone, it was a great great show...all of us were in a bit of a dream-like state...I want to bask in this for a while.
photo taken by VeganBeats
...I held Lenny Kravitz's hand....

No comments:

Post a Comment