Monday, April 2, 2012

Art and Outhouses~ Alex's Last Saturday

     This past Saturday was Alex's last weekend here, I was going to bring him to 홍대 but everything pointed to my area! Pol and David were at the Seoul Art Center and plans for a big dinner were in action. Thanks to Kakao (communication ease) a day of loose plans became a great evening! Prokop was up to something so he would join Alex and I to meet up with Pol and David. The Seoul Art Center  is only 20 minutes from my house and I've always wanted to check it out, the place is huge so while searching for Pol and David, us three stumbled into some exhibits!
painting~ photo taken by VeganBeats
     The galleries were free (except the Finland furniture one) and features local artist paintings that resembled old style Korean art. It was very beautiful...we were trekking mountains!
Prokop hikes~ photo taken by VeganBeats
photo taken by VeganBeats
     Seeing these paintings reminds me how much I miss making and creating art. I've been sketching, but getting messy with paint...ugh~
photo taken by VeganBeats
     Once we met up with the guys we went to the Finland Furniture Exhibit that offered a decent variety of stop motions works, teen creations, film, clothing, etc. I think the stop motion stuff is pretty trendy, there was a lot of it!
photo taken by VeganBeats
photo taken by VeganBeats
     Playing with simple structures and using simplicity to create intricate works was a strong point...I was more into the shadow creations though.
photo taken by VeganBeats
photo taken by VeganBeats
photo taken by VeganBeats
     If any of this stuff was in my house, I'd either never leave it, or fear breaking everything!!
photo taken by VeganBeats
photo taken by VeganBeats
     We got to test out the furniture and we all nearly moaned upon seating ourselves...how comfy can chairs be?!
ahhhhh~ photo taken by VeganBeats
comfy Pol~ photo taken by VeganBeats
     My favorite part of the exhibit was the outhouse. Maybe I'm immature but toilet humor is still enough to get me giggling like a kindy kid. Maybe I embarrassed Alex and my friends with my antics, we sure got some stares but hey...I'm still a child somewhere!
Shut the door!!! (photo taken by Alex, for VeganBeats)
     After the exhibit, Phil joined us and we went to 교대곱창, a restaurant famous for it's animal bits and intestines.
      I know, what kind of Vegan books a table for this kind of joint?
You don't judge!!!  
     Apparently though, eating animal stomach, liver, and tripe "cures sexual dysfunction in men." People must believe it because guys are slamming away intestines like it's their job!
photo taken by VeganBeats
     Bottles of 막골리 later, and enough cabbage to give me a Buddha belly, we were all off for more adventures...and more 막골리~


I end this with my poopin' Pol~
'plop'~ photo taken by Alex, for VeganBeats

No comments:

Post a Comment