Monday, October 1, 2012

Razz'Bitten Coffee Cake

     It's October first, the official kick off day of Vegan MOFO!! October being a damned Brilliant month anyways also is all about Vegan celebrating! Hopefully this time around, I'll do a much better job of posting some drool-worthy vegan noms, itches in the kitch, gastronomical spoilings, mind-opening situations, etc...Vegan shares! So let's start this eh?
      Several months ago I got to thinking about home, my neighborhood, and the comforts of my old suburbia. My neighbor used to always whip up coffee cake and I could smell the sweet cinnamon lingering in the air, in our u-turn shaped corner, and it singled calming mornings, and dew dropped grass. I don't remember ever eating it, but this aroma was a consistent smile-birther!
     I got to oven playing and made my own fun version of a coffee cake. I threw in a lot of cinnamon, extra dark chocolate chips, coconut sugar, and ginger. The crumble topping was loaded with extra fine shredded coconut, pecans, walnuts, almonds, organic oats, maple syrup, and coconut oil!The smell that seeped slowly and seductively out of the oven left me licking my lips, and I'm not very much of a dessert gal!
     I'm not very fond of a monochromatic plate (unless it's all green) so I whipped up a sweet and cold cream-like sauce to add some balance. I wanted something tart to work with the chocolate/cinnamon coffee cake. I used a frozen banana, frozen strawberries, almonds, vanilla, maple syrup, and a kiss of coconut milk~ I blended that all up, it turned into a slightly more runny sorbet and poured it on top of the cake. Then a cute ginger slice stretched out on the dish....glory~
yumm~ photo taken by VeganBeats
     The problem...can't call upon a recipe because I blind-sighted this...though I will attempt this again~


Happy Mofo VeganBeaters~~

=^ㅊ^=

No comments:

Post a Comment