Friday, September 21, 2012

Vegan Beatin' in the Philippines, day 4: Waterfalls, cows, and rice patties, part 2

mamabeats on my mind! photo taken by VeganBeats
     This is a continuation on the waterfall journey! I got a little side-tracked and threw some food stuffs to give a little vacation break...but we're back!
      After swimming and splashing away, and playing with cows and a happy, muddy pig we were barefoot and trekking deep into a naked neighborhood sprinkled with trees and the occasional curious child or bony creatures. I would turn into a a child every time I set sights on some sort of animal, similar to the kids running wide-armed at pigeons, I would starfish tumble towards all of them. sigh::
     Anyways, here's some more visual teases~
photo taken by VeganmBeats
baby buffalo~ photo taken by VeganBeats
swampy river~ photo taken by VeganBeats
     I may not eat rice, (only on super rare occasions) but I do love plants, and farms, and fields, and...greenery~ I can not begin to imagine the hours, days, and months of hard-work that goes into growing and cultivating each grain. Massive appreciation~
rice field~ photo taken by VeganBeats
     People grow pineapples outside of their homes...I can't even.
photo taken by VeganBeats
photo taken by VeganBeats
photo taken by VeganBeats
I will make this happen~ photo taken by VeganBeats
the island~ photo taken by VeganBeats
tangles roots~ photo taken by VeganBeats
     After playing in the ricefields and island for a bit, we went to the sand bar. This is a collection of sand that piles up over time and creates a mini island of sorts. You can't live off of it, or on it, but you can kick it there!
photo taken by VeganBeats
family peacing out~ photo taken by VeganBeats
photo taken by VeganBeats
Scotty Soul and our guide! photo taken by VeganBeats
us~ photo taken by Scotty Soul
Scotty Soul and VeganBeats~ 
     I totally forgot! While getting to the actual rice fields, we bumped into these adorable kids digging in the sand, I got all curious and wanted to join in...I'm a kid! They were getting out these giant starchy roots and our guide piped up with a dish that uses them. So I bought a bunch of it and returning home, I got a massage and slumped into a room to find this!
photo taken by VeganBeats
     It may not look very appetizing but it was pretty delicious! It was steamed and fried roots (think yucca) seeped in a syrup of coconut milk and brown sugar...

mmm...veggie taffy~


More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment