Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Cheesy Coconut Zuke Noods with Kale love

      A hard night of drinking usually leads to unhealthy cravings, in Korea, people go for ddeokboki, twegeum (various battered and fried foods), or ramyeon. Being a super extra picky vegan, I steer clear of Asia's crucial staples-rice and noodles. But a while back I was craving the texture and slurpiness of noodles and ramyeon, so I made a super dressed up and healthy version~ free of noodles! A gluten-free 100% vegan ramyeon! While making it, I figured why not go for the gold and make it stupid rich and "cheezy."
     For the "noodles" I spiraled a bunch of zucchini, the only way to eat a spaghetti is if it's zuke~ For the sauce/soup, I made an extra garlicky, noochy, and cayenne spiced mix. I used coconut milk and added spinach, seaweed, and kale...along with a generous fist-full of nooch and black pepper and cayenne.
     It was packed with flavor and was almost guilt-free, if it hadn't been for the fact that coconut milk is rich! I also tend to tie any cheese flavoring with pure fat...happy belly, guilty mind...but still sinfully delicious~
     Why didn't I try this out years ago?
slobber~ photo taken by VeganBeats

No comments:

Post a Comment