Thursday, October 4, 2012

Sundried Tomato Walnut Pesto Pasta~

Happy MoFo kids~ 
     Considering everything that's going on, I want to keep myself a bit busy and doing some Mofo jams feels like it'd be one very good, productive, busy thing to do!!
     A while back, (I know, another backpost) I made a massive pesto pasta salad and instead of using the usual vinegar or mayonnaise-based dressing I made a sun-dried tomato walnut pesto sauce. I threw in loads of veggies too, although they look rather lost in the pictures. To go with the carb-crazy dish, I made a whole wheat and walnut garlic bread~
     As my 'itchinthekitch' adventures always go, measuring and planning out what I'm doing doesn't happen often. For the pesto I threw in a bunch of sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, loads of garlic, some flax seeds, black pepper, nutritional yeast, and some red-chili pepper. The pasta was whole wheat, and the veggies I used were onions, zucchini, carrots, kale, greens, and some eggplant. I stir-fried all of them in a little bit of oil, just to soften them up and add a bit more color to the red pesto/orangey feel to this dish.
     It was filling, there's no doubt about that...and I had loads to last me for a whole week...thankfully, ScottySoul helped me!!

      Happy Mofo Veggies~

No comments:

Post a Comment