Sunday, May 29, 2011

Vegan Love filled weekend(s)^^*!~

     Ugh, it's been a while since I've posted anything, apologies. Life happens right...and my computer has been a teensy bit sick lately. First, it wouldn't take/upload any of my pictures, viruses, slowness, picture issues...it needed a break, I should be patient with it. So I gave my hard working computer a vacation and hopefully it will be a bit more cooperative.
     A lot has been happening and been in the works since last time I wrote. More vegan treats, teaching fun, adventuring, catching up times...general genuine bliss...it's been good.
I've been spending time with a lot of WONDERFUL people, and cannot express my love and feelings of gratefulness enough. I hope you know who you are...^^*~
A while ago, I wandered over to Sean and Kia's place and being the talented baker she is, Kia whipped up a bunch of adorable mini donuts for an ARC bakesale...
rainbow sprinkles *^^* (photo taken by VeganBeats)
chocolate dipped with sugar caps (photo taken by VeganBeats)
While helping decorate the mini cuties, Kia was more than generous and let me use her oven to make some Mediterranean olive walnut and sun-dried tomatoe bread...
yeast free, super simple and delicious! (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     The bread was moist, full of flavor and yeast free! Kia dried the tomatoes herself and...ugh I miss the olive bars back int he states where you could get sun-dried tomatoes by eeek the pound!!
   
     Last Saturday, there was the HBC fest (Hae Bang Chon Fest) where there are loads of live music happening in all sorts of cafes and bars. Along with that there are a lot of artsy stuff being promoted, independent artisits, etc. There are apparently two festivals a year, one in May and one in October. According to their site:
"Local pubs and local artists, have a day of celebration, music, life and art."
I went with Kia and Sean and bumped into all sorts of friends, connections, old coworkers, artists...it was fun!
      Kia and I wandered over to Indigo for a glass of wine and some noms...vegan friendly and yummy!! Scanning the menu there were a decent amount of vegan friendly options, edamame, tortilla salad (omit cheese), side salad, etc. Everything was decently priced too, about 5-10,000W a plate and the staff was more than friendly. We went with the steamed edamame and the hummus plate.
edamame!! (photo taken by VeganBeats)
And the hummus plate was delicious. The hummus was creamy but still kind of nutty, and it was salted just enough. I HATE over-salted hummus, it loses so much when it's over spiced...and the salad that came on the side was served with an amazing balsamic dressing. I was literally scooping the dressing up...uhhh balsamic ^^* Olives are a bit pricey here, so I was surprised to find so many olives with our dish...thankee!
hummus plate! (photo taken by VeganBeats)
How to get to Indigo:
Line 6 Noksapyeong, walk out of exit 2. Walk straight for about 5-7 minutes and when you come to a fork on the road, veer to the left and continue up the hill. Indigo will be on your right side about 200 meters up!!

HBC fest pretty much closed up last weekend and this weekend I spent time with Sean, Kia, and Mipa~ along with some other wonderful people! Sean and Kia had a house warming party FULL of vegan noms that Kia and Sean made and were all delectable. Sadly, my missing camera and technical issues prevented me from even trying to document everything...regret now!
raspberry lemonade (with vodka), basil lemoncello, olive tempanade, babaganoush, roasted herbed potatoes, tofu scramble, vegan sausage, vegan deli meat slices, blueberry coffee cake, blondies, pesto gnocchi....jezum, the vegan love, the stuffed bellies, and my tipsy demeanor...

Another weekend finished, enjoyed, and positively reflected upon!

No comments:

Post a Comment