Monday, December 10, 2012

ThanksVegan 2012~ Belly Bliss

     Thankgiving has always been a family-oriented holiday and celebration for me, and for most people, it means "turkey-day." Even in my meat-mouthing days, I've always been all about the sides...gimme the brussel sprouts, squash, pearled onions, and apple cider and I'll be more stuffed than any 30 pound bird!
     Since I've been hitting the Seoul stone, my first year of Thanksgiving involved curry, 쌈장, and veggies and my second involved glorious gut-stretching glory. This year was my second ThanksVegan and Kia~ the kitchen Goddess made a spread that even now, after having to work extra hard at the gym, I'm still dreaming about.
      Around this season there's a good amount of Thanksgiving celebrations that a lot of restaurants prepare for and cater to, and vegan friendliness is down-right impossible. The smidgen of vegan possibility if ruined with the world's obsession with butter and dairy products...or bacon-far. Kia and Sean go well out of their way to bring a whole lot of "home" across the world. Last year threw me into a heavy hibernation....this year...ugh this year~ I'm just going to go into the images.
appetizer table of whole bread, olive tapanede, spinach artichoke dip, chai snickerdoodles, chocolate biscotti, and mashed potatoes literally chillen~ photo taken by VeganBeats
       Kia really is a master behind a stove, over, hanging over a mixing bowl....she is a chef I aspire to become...homebaking goddess is a title barely worthy of Kia defining.
sweet potato pumpkin gnocchi in a brown sugar and sage~ photo taken by VeganBeats
stuffed mushrooms~ photo taken by VeganBeats
       I kind of died over the stuffed mushrooms. I tie them to adult snacking food, little finger pickers swirly adults from the 70's snacked on. Posh, simple, complex, bundles of flavor...I could live on this....maybe whilst walking on a treadmill. hmmm
pine nut red quinoa salad~ photo taken by VeganBeats
     Kia also made a CRAZY delicious pizza torte, it was full of flavor and severely healthier than pizza (at least I think so!) 

pizza torte with cashew cheese~ photo taken by VeganBeats
      As if all of this deliciousness wasn't enough, desssssert~
carrot cake with lemon kissed-frosting~ (photo taken by VeganBeats)
pumpkin cheesecake~ photo taken by VeganBeats
chocolate hazelnut tart~ aigo photo taken by VeganBeats
dessert plate...nom nom nom~ photo taken by VeganBeats
     I may have stretched my belt a few sizes...but beyond worth it~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment