Thursday, October 20, 2011

Iskiate (chia seeds)

     Four months ago I mentioned a book that made me want to run through fields and reminds me to get moving~ whenever I can. And I really should be, it gets my endorphins pumping and my energy lifted. Anyways in 'Born to Run' the Tarahumara  eat loads of chia seeds and this little thing provides them with loads of energy. This inspired me to load my closet up with chia seeds and in efforts to up my tea consumption and lower my caffeine coffee cravings, I've been replacing my drained state of being with inskiate as opposed to delicious acidic liquid. Inskiate is also chia fresca and thanks to avid fans everywhere, I was able to find a recipe. I've changed it up a bit...
photo taken by VeganBeats
     Chia seeds are packed full of fiber, provide iron, calcium, Thiamin, and a whole range of vitamin B! Also get this, the fat from the seeds are omega-3s, the oils found in fish and cod-liver! The protein in the seeds are complete, similar to ones found in animal protein. So we don't have to mix up a variety of protein to get all those protein points filled!

I've been drinking this pre-workouts, pre-work, etc...and feeling pumped!!

yum!

What you need:
*1-2 T chia seeds
*8 ounces of water
*1tsp-3tsp lime juice
*sweetener


What to do:
1. add the water to the chia seeds and let sit for 5 minutes. The mixture will start to gel up.
2. add the lime juice and mix up
3. add sweetened to taste....take it on the go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment