Monday, October 17, 2011

the 100th day birthday (백일)

     There are several birthday celebrations that are highly valued in Korean culture, like America, certain ages mark big milestones in your life. There's your sweet 16, the legal 18, the drinking 21 and the hilling 50. My newborn cousin just had his "100 day celebration" (백일)  this past Sunday and it really brought me back to when my brother had his. It was first time meeting my new cousin and he is precious. As over-used that word is towards any infant...he was a really good baby (I mean how bad can they get?)

     Classic dished in Korea for any birthday are 미역국 (miyeok guk), also known as seaweed soup. It is usually prepared with fish broth but my family is far too kind and whipped me up a vegan one AND organized a massive vegan spread...

Who's a lucky lady?~
the spread (just some of it) photo taken by VeganBeats
김치 whaaaaa (photo taken by VeganBeats)
콩나물반찬!! (photo taken by VeganBeats)
버섯반찬 (photo taken by VeganBeats)
오이김치반찬 (photo taken by VeganBeats)
I forget the name of this but...divine! (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     Is it ever really a party is there isn't any 떡 around?
cute! (photo taken by VeganBeats)

No comments:

Post a Comment