Friday, September 14, 2012

Vegan Beatin' in the Philippines, day 3: Island Hopping part 1

     The Philippines is a massive collection of islands, most of which you can't squeeze into a short week long period. But kicking it on some sandy and beachy dunes while soaking in the sun and reefs doesn't hurt, at all!!
     The third day in the 'Pines was a day set for island hopping, I'll write a bit, but let the mediocre iphone pics do the jabbering~
photo taken by VeganBeats
captain! photo taken by VeganBeats
photo taken by VeganBeats
photo taken by VeganBeats
     We snorkeled around the reefs for a couple hours, I never thought in my life I'd have this opportunity. Swimming with the fishes has always been left to the mob bosses and National Geographic folk in my head. But here I was, gliding around and playing tag with all sorts of sea life. I had a hard time with the goggles, I would get so stressed out and mentally close off my air source...a bit pathetic right?
     After spoiling my eyes with the vibrancy of the giggly fish and swaying coral, we were off to Exotic beach, where a meal of fresh coconut, fruits, and chicken (for Scotty Soul) was about to be thrown down...into our bellies~
photo taken by VeganBeats
photo taken by VeganBeats
     While drinking up fresh coconut water, my eyes darted around, trying as hard as they can to capture everything that was sorrounding me...impossible. Even now, I can't believe I was here~
photo taken by VeganBeats
photo taken by VeganBeats
photo taken by VeganBeats
     This is how you get all the goodies inside...pinatas got nothing on the coconut~
photo taken by VeganBets
     Ahh, some vegan meat?!~
coconut meat~ photo taken by VeganBeats
fruits~~photo taken by VeganBeats
    My fruit spread was overwhelmingly filling, and beyond healthy...I couldn't fit much more in my gut but fresh local papaya?!~ Baby sweet watermelon?!~....how can you stop?
Scotty Soul's chicken made for him~ photo taken by VeganBeats
     After snorkeling a bit more, filling bellies, we were off to another island~ more eyefuls of beauty and now a little vodka~
photo taken by VeganBeats
coconut trees~ photo taken by VeganBeats
     There are more pics to come~

No comments:

Post a Comment