Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Quick Curry*!~

Endlessly working, Pulling sixty and eighty hour weeks, and it's been for so long now that anything less feels like too much time. I haven't slept in my home for over a week (always overnights) and I really don't mind, except that I live out of a bag.

Korea...you will happen soon.
I got a job offer, I'm on the fence as to whether or not I should take it. I wouldn't be located in Seoul, but about forty minutes away. The area is beautiful though, a lot like Burlington. Things to do but a lot of nature things to invest in. There's some great hiking trails, it's very bike friendly..I'm liking the idea, but I want something different, something I am not used to, and haven't yet experienced...which would be a city city.

Anyways...I've been calling to easy go-to's in terms of cooking, Curry!!
photo taken by VeganBeats
Really really simple, more than speedy, a multi-flavored complex dish in under ten minutes, seriously!

What you need:
*veggies (I used zucchini, cabbage, peas, kale, and dandelion greens)
*1.5-3 T Ottogi Curry (Korean market buy)
*crushed red pepper ~optional...I like heat~
 *pan, I LOVE woks!!
What to do:
1) boil some water OR heat some oil on med-med.high in a pan when hot, (~if you're adding the dried chili peppers, do so now) add veggies, the ones that take longer to cook (cabbage, onions, etc) add first
2) Keep watch of veggies, and add more if you want...zucchini, peas, greens, kale, etc
3) Let everything cook for about 5 minutes then add the curry powder and mix it
4) Let everything cook together for another 5-10 minutes (up to you, with time the curry thickens)
5) Serve it over whatever your heart desires. I did over shredded carrots and romaine.
I served this with some pickled cucumber kimchi! nom nom nom










No comments:

Post a Comment