Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Summer Season, Blues challenge....ish

     Most people tend to fall upon a brighter disposition once the weather gets warmer and the sun takes its time when passing.
     I am one of those people that gets lower...reverse SAD right?
     One of my goals this summer season is to take advantage of the natural source of vitamin D and not crouch inside. I want to be active, welcome in the rays, and replace anxiety and all (some of) that self-hatred and negativity with that summer beach goddess glow~
    To help with that, I've been trying to eat fresher, healthier, nutritious foods...so a lot of "sorbets" and smoothies...and using fresh herbs! At both Costco and some Lotte Department stores I've found Sambazon Organic Acai Berry juice! It's a bit pricey but SO worth it! I fell upon Sambazon several years ago at my very first Bonnaroo festival, after nourishing my sun-burnt and wasted body with the acai berry bowl...heaven was reached!
    I've been making sorbet/smoothies with Sambazon's organic acai berry juice, organic blueberries, organic strawberries, white chia seeds, psyllium husk, and sometimes coconut, ginger, or fresh mint!

     Bliss~
my herbs and a smoothie/sorbet (topped with grated coconut!) photo taken by VeganBeats
What I do~
*1/2-1 cup of frozen blueberries
*4-6 frozen strawberries
*1 T white chia seeds
*2 T psyllium husk
*1 cup of Acai Berry Juice
~ Throw it all in a blender and drool!!! When it's at the consistency you fancy, top with fresh mint, ginger, or coconut!!! (Hell, spoil yourself with a drizzle of agave!)

     Ah, on top of that~ I have the smallest herb garden chilling in my window! I have lemon mint, rosemary, and two basil plants!!! Lucky Vegan Steeze! 
nommmmm~ photo taken by VeganBeats
     Here's to the sun and getting brighter with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment