Thursday, April 26, 2012

Vegan Za and Crock Pottin' Curry~

     This oven may become an eventual death sentence, there so many things I can now do...it's like I've been racing dolphins and I just got given gills~ the world is at my fingertips! There's the natural grilling, roasting, and dehydrating...but I've been starting on my omnivore goal list...or veganfying jam~
     Challenge in Korea numero uno~ vegan za~ Deep in my freezer I found some follow your heart cheddar cheese so I got this super packed, kissed with veggies, herby za on top of a homemade Italian herb whole wheat dough~ check it!!
das Vegan za~ photo taken by VeganBeats
     So what's on this crazy thing?! Spinach, cheddar "cheese", cherry tomatoes, onions, garlic, zukes, and smokey tofu~ the sauce was made from scratch with some vino, fat tomatoes, and lots of Italian spices...verdict...filling, stacked, and sleep inducing.
     I need to perfect the crust, it's a bit too thick, too heavy, and very pillowy. More like a fluffy French bread crust versus a crunchy, floppy one...will master some day~
     I also have some access to a crock pot, so I did some crock pottin' and whipped up a beany, high protein, rich curry! I threw in peas, chickpeas, broad beans, red beans, lentils, zukes, spinach, carrots, and pumpkin~ heavy on garlic, turmeric, cumin, and spice~
photo taken by VeganBeats~
     My apartment smells great...I can only live with these warm noms for a few more days (or weeks) until Summer rolls through~
     In terms of recipes...I never really measure (>_<#) but I'll make another attempt and post that jam up!)

팥빙수, ready for V?!~

No comments:

Post a Comment