Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Oncoming Wilderbeasts~

     Monday began sloppy, crazy, dissociated, incoherent-  Melissa introduced My Drunk Kitchen to me and since then, I'm just a little bit hooked. Sunday evening I kicked it with my crew and whilst showcasing and sharing this youtube gem, I decided that wine for dinner was a GREAT idea. It was, at the time. I had a blast, attacked my twitter and kakao, almost bought plane tickets, scheduled some new art "appointments", but...woke up still beyond inebriation. I had a small window of feeling pretty sober, just fuzzy, but alcohol digestion got me stupid hammered until two in the afternoon. Though...my drunk motivated me to be pretty damned productive. I snuggled with my girl, finished a book, studied French AND Korean, ran five miles, did an hour of yoga, and then~ finally got sober. While walking home I kakaod my lady:
"I feel like Mufasa walking against oncoming wilderbeasts."
     I recall walking forward, able to see then a rush of blur hit me and maneuvering around everyone seemed impossible. And anyone in Korea can resonate with how people here tend to organize themselves...I was feeling way way lost and so confused. I stumbled home and fell into bed where I put all my energy into trying to see straight. I downed water, ate something~ instant vomit...still groggy but naturally a bit clearer..I grabbed Hamlet and snuggled while stopping the spins and diving into my book(s).
Hamlet~ (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     Time passed and everything was still spinning so in a stubborn and determined state of mind, I tried to do whatever I could to hit Sober city. First, I hit the books...I've been working on my Korean skills for a while, and am now revisiting the world of French. 
study study study~ (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     I got through a couple sections of Korean and a chapter of French until I started rolling into my books. Run time~ I threw on the essential running gear and tried to throw in my LMFAO but...it was too loud. Running silent was the only option...five miles in, and I was still a tripped up trotter. I shin-splinted home and got to downward doggin' yoga. An hour later, it was approaching two and I was slightly better. I had work in a bit, so this was another opportune time to go trek around, sweat or burn off more wine. 
     Sober city was reached right before my tutoring gig...ugh~
     After two hours of tutoring, I went on a two hour walk, grabbed pics of cherry blossoms and wandered my way to Noksapyeong~
Cherry Blossoms~ (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     Where of course, Standing Coffee was visited and a large iced Americano was knocked back. I had dinner plans made with the wonderful Kia and Sean and was already eager to spend some time with great people, pups, and a cleared mind!
Powerful ladies stop for Standing Coffee~ (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     Kia and Sean are...ugh too amazing! They have improved Seoul and Korea in so many ways~ I haven't seen them in a while and dinner dating is and was perfect! Kia whipped up another wonderful meal, but for starters....we had a wine cocktail~ I was going to swear off but...pureed mangoes, raspberries and white wine...?!?!
mango puree, waiting for that there vino~ (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     Result, divine! Fresh, cooling, very summery, and something I will be making and craving again! This is what a Summer drink should be! 
...and now them razzies~ (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     For the main course, Kia made a lentil salad full of fresh basil, lemon juice, olive oil, cucumbers, carrots, and tomatoes! This was another great Summer salad, super healthy, full of flavor, and refreshing!
lentil salad~ (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     Kia also made butter-bean cutlets, which we paired with all sorts of fixin's to birth a sandwich. Mine I loaded up with hummus, lettuce, tomatoes, the cutlet (of course) and both mustard and ketchup~ Drinks, salad, pups, beautiful people...Sober city is a nice place!
that there is a sando~ (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     Kia and Sean have also taken in another foster pup (who thinks she's a cat)! Too cute eh!
derpy cat-pup~ (photo taken by VeganBeats)

No comments:

Post a Comment