Friday, April 20, 2012

Cherry Blossoms at Yeouido Park~

     Any Korean inhabitants are pretty aware with the "Cherry Blossom" obsession here, it's a festival almost. People crowd Yoeuido, Jamsil, parks, etc to cling hands with their loved ones, skip with their families, coo, and soak in all of the dainty pink and white flowers that embrace this land~ When the slightest wind breezes through the branches, thousands of petals sprinkle through the sky, almost snowing.
     In all the time I've been here, I have neglected the Cherry Blossoms. For no reason in particular, besides not understanding the big deal. It's beautiful, it truly is, but the idea of crunching and squeezing through so many people harbors my motivation to wander amongst the branches.
     I finally did it, my buddy and I had a camera adventure~

     Korea is a couple country, if you have a partner~ it's like you won the Superbowl, and you rock that ring until you lose! I hate to say it, but when you do have a partner you do everything together, nearly broadcasting "I'm NOT single." The Cherry Blossoms are a major couple "festival." So...I got lots of cute couple pictures~
waiting to meet his partner~ (photo taken by VeganBeats)
photo taken by VeganBeats
cascading blossoms~ (photo taken by VeganBeats)
photo taken by VeganBeats
photo taken by VeganBeats
intimate~ (photo taken by VeganBeats)
tender~ (photo taken by VeganBeats)
beautiful woman, scowling partner~ (photo taken by VeganBeats)
love~ (photo taken by VeganBeats)
sending love to her girlfriends~ (photo taken by VeganBeats)
photo taken by VeganBeats~
photo taken by VeganBeats
     Seeing all these lovey couples and families was warming, and sweet~ I'm not bitter (jeezum I hope it doesn't sound that way)! It felt like these couples were genuinely enjoying one another and brimming with all sorts of romance~ much better than the wining hisses that you here right! So...hell yea on them Cherry blossoms^^*!~ 

How to get to Yeouido Park?
Go to Yeoinaru station on line 5 and get out at exit 2~

Happy Romancing, loving, and galavanting~

1 comment:

  1. They are SO beautiful!! I am jealous you get to see them and be near them, but glad you took photos and the time to compile them in this post. It does look very romantic... And I am so proud of you for living the life you lead today. I remember you in other times, and I saw your struggles, but now you've bloomed like a lovely little cherry blossom! Keep at it. <3

    ~Alissa

    ReplyDelete