Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Taco Amigo

     Last week, after Easter brunchin' a few of us checked out Rico Amigo, a Mexican/taco spot that's been on my radar for awhile. The owner, a super kind guy know, KNOWS what vegan is and is beyond accommodating. Kia and Sean, along with other veg-heads have told me, for nearly two years now, to check this place out; I'm very glad we did.
     The place is small and bustling with people to the point where lines form- all the time. It's always a good sign if people are willing to wait for food and the space is always packed with smiling diners. We were the waiting crew and while our orders were taken outside, the staff moved some tables and chairs around to make some room for all of us. (thanks!) I got a lot of great suggestions and went with the vegan chimichanga. But first...a pitcher of "margarita." ...
glug glug glug~ (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     We went with a lime pitcher (25,000원) and though it was strong, it was more of a slushie with tequila than a margarita, and not very lime-y.
photo taken by VeganBeats
     Jaxs got the veggie nacho and it was loaded with ingredients! I love seeing dishes that have variety and color...feed the eyes then the stomach. 
Jaxs' nachos! (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     My vegan chimichanga (I think 11,000 원) was tightly packed with lots of veggies. It came smothered in guacamole and jalapenos, still hot, crunchy, and smelling all sorts of divine. 
photo taken by VeganBeats
     I was pleasantly surprised and taste-bud spoiled when crunching into this monster of goodness. When I mean generously filled with veggies...I mean Christmas morning spoiled. Look at this!
loaded~ photo taken by VeganBeats
     I was filled to the brim before finishing the plate, but it was one of those "this is so good, how do I stop" situations. I now totally understand why so many people pack into this place, and why all my vegan buddies have recommended it. 
     If you want a loaded and generously filled vegan burrito, chimichanga, taco~ check this joint out. It's decently priced, everything is made fresh, and it's more than filling~

Directions:
Itaewon station exit 4 (이태원역 4번) walk towards Gecko's and walk straight (where IBK bank will be on your Right side, on the corner). Taco Amigo is very close to the bus stop. 


No comments:

Post a Comment