Sunday, October 17, 2010

Wandering, cooking, and Dongdaemun*!~

This week has been AWESOME*!~
I've been wandering a LOT while on break and been seeing some pretty spectacular things SUPER close to my area, check this mountain out!!! 

photo taken by VeganBeats
 I am definitely hiking this guy sometime soon. I'm sure the view will be more than beautiful*!~  
photo taken by VeganBeats
  And super close to my school is some completely appropriate statues...
photo taken by VeganBeats
  Also did some flash cooking...was super hungry and forgot about the POUNDS of tofu in my fridge...so attempted to make what my halmuni perfects everytime. Garlic, tofu, oyster mushrooms and a light kimchi broth!!
photo taken by VeganBeats
Some noodles I whipped up. Kimchi spicey broth, simmered carrots, oyster mushrooms, spinach and chinese broccoli..hiding in there somewhere. I don't usually eat noodles, but yumm!!! 
photo taken by VeganBeats
 Can't forget Ddeok!!

This weekend I went to Dongdaemun Market with Amy!! My coworker and it was a blast!!! Here's a whole round of pics from the adventure!!
photo taken by VeganBeats
First we kicked it in Chungbu market...also known as dried fish market! I found flax seeds here!! And macadamia nuts, cashews in bulk...There is so much you can find here!!
photo taken by VeganBeats
 Some ajumas with chesnuts....tons of them!
photo taken by VeganBeats
 lots of beans and grains of all sorts..Get ready for the fishes....I know I'm vegan and jazz, but there is something pretty spectacular about all of this stuff...
photo taken by VeganBeats
 eel
Fish eggs (photo taken by VeganBeats)
Garlic Ajashi (photo taken by VeganBeats)
 fish...photo taken by VeganBeats
photo taken by VeganBeats
  These donuts from Krispy Creme are too cute!!
photo taken by VeganBeats
photo taken by VeganBeats
photo taken by VeganBeats
photo taken by VeganBeats
I am not sure the correct name for this but there is this candy like ocnfection that's literally just sugar. All these ajumas were squating at tables and etching designs into boiled sugar...the kid above is choosing which one he wants...mmm sweetness!!
photo taken by VeganBeats
This is Amy!!! My coworker and my shopping adventure partner for the day! She showed me/guided me around Dongdaemun, sososo much fun!! She's AWESOME!!! 
photo taken by VeganBeats
photo taken by VeganBeats
Ajuma with promoting the various foods her restuarant serves!


photo taken by VeganBeats
photo taken by VeganBeats
 Plastic menu options!! One of my many favorite things about Korea, you can see what you want...AND the food looks like what you order. When I was in China, I'd order things that NEVER looked like their picture.

photo taken by VeganBeats
A really spicey fish stew/soup, Amy said it's amazing. So omnivores...go for it!!
photo taken by VeganBeats
 Cute baby shoes!!!

photo taken by VeganBeats
This was super good, a rice bun with sweet red beans inside. It was only 1500W ($1.00 US) and filling, sweet, and served warm!!
photo taken by VeganBeats

Amy and I split one!!
Dondaemun and Nangdaemun was so much fun, and I have a lot to credit Amy for that. Saw a lot of things, spent a lot of money (eeep) and left with some great buys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment